Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Turn in Litterbugs

Default Re: Turn in Litterbugs

Thanks Troutman...

you summed it up nicely...

In a nutshell, anyone using the outdoors should tread lightly and leave it cleaner than it was when you got there, whether a local or a tourist.
    http://www.troutanon.com rrainshaker at comcast dot netrainshaker at comcast dot net

Guys, i just want to clarify that i am totally against litter. Everytime i hike in to one of my favorite Cherokee Forest streams, i see it.
    One tiem we had gone 2 miles & there was a gazillon mini candy wrappers all over the ground, after spending considerable time picking those up, we procedeed to fish. We talked to a Forest Service guy later that day, he said it was probably a church or scout group, unacceptable behavior for either.
    Beer bottles, whiskey bottles, food wrappers, the funny thing is, my water bottles weigh less empty than when they're full, i don't have a problem carrying them out, why do other folks have this problem?
    I just see a program here with a lot of $$ to run it & no revenue coming in from it, if a fine is levied against a person, that fine will go to a local court system & not towards the program, it's another case of raising taxes for an underfunded program & more taxes to run it.
    I won't even get into the case about all the idiot's running around acting like Barney Fife on their cell phones while driving....................

Grumpy

Who's Barney Fife ?
    http://www.troutanon.com rrainshaker at comcast dot netrainshaker at comcast dot net

Who's Barney Fife? Only the greatest lawman known to mankind.

re: tubers. those tubing companies, beginning last year, were not permitted to transport the tubers into the park. they could, and did, drop them at the park boundry and have them walk to where they wanted to tube. this did cut down on some of the mess and alleviated some traffic problems at the wye. it also resulted in much heavier use of the little river within the limits of townsend by tubers and the resulting higher beer bottle/can count in that area.
    I started with nothing, and I have most of it left.
    www.angelfire.com/film/samsfotosafari