Thread: Discontinued orvis superfines

Default Discontinued orvis superfines

I was in a local flyshop the other day and ran across one of the discontinued models of the superfines. It was of the 7' 4wt configuration. I am currently in the market for a small stream/creek rod to add to my collection of toys and the more I think about that little rod, the better I like. I don't recall that it had a price tag on it so I was wondering if any body recalled an approximate closeout price on them. Any guesses would be appreciated and specifics or experiences with this line as well. Thanks and hope everyone gets out in this warmer weather we are suppose to have.

Default Sooooperfine!!

Great rod, especially for dry flies on a small stream.
    I have the 7'11" 4wt. 2 piece. I chose this rod because frankly, I couldn't afford a bamboo and I really liked the slow action. I appeased the wife by giving my "old" mtn rod to my son! I like the look of the newer model superfines but wonder how the action has changed from going to a 4 piece verses the old style 2 piece.

I have the old model in an 8' 4 wt and it is my favorite rod for just having fun in the mountains. If you can get one I would do so before the opportunity is gone. If you like soft slower action rods, this is definately a good one!!!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Default Superfine Rods

I think the 7' 4 weight is the Brook Trout. I have an 1980's version and love it. We usually sell rods that are discontinued at about 30% off. If you can get one for that I'd be all over it like a coat of paint.

Byron