Thread: Sunday on Caney Fork

Default Sunday on Caney Fork

Fished at Happy Hollow today for the first time. Waded pretty far upriver to get away from the crowd. Lots of dark, low laying clouds, gusting over the river. Fishing was slow until around noon. Thats when things really picked up. Found a nice run that had several fish stocked up in it. I was able to land several on a Zebra Midge. I think I missed more fish today than I ever have. Hooked into a real nice one...not sure what it was, but it broke me off almost instantly. Those big guys don't waste any time once they realize they're hooked.

Nice fish! I can't wait to fish the Caney again. I'll probably hit it at least once or twice over spring break which starts at the end of this week. You interested in fishing any the first week in March?
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Very nice! How do you like the Caney?

Quote Originally Posted by Plateau Angler View Post
    Nice fish! I can't wait to fish the Caney again. I'll probably hit it at least once or twice over spring break which starts at the end of this week. You interested in fishing any the first week in March?
    I'm always up for fishing. I might have to be sick and miss a day of work if its during the week. Thats ok with me though!

Quote Originally Posted by redc4man View Post
    Very nice! How do you like the Caney?
    Kevin, you should head over this way and check out the Caney sometime. I like it a lot better than the Clinch. There are more access points and more fishable water. A lot of nice fish in that river too...I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

That is, if you ever get away from the HI...I see you're doing pretty well over there.

Nice fish dog! Looking forward to fishing it in the next few weeks.
    "Great things are done when men and mountains meet." William Blake

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)

Was that you that stopped & talked to me & Caneybuff on the island? I started off with the Zebra in that deeper water, no luck, they went wild on a PT though. It was a tad windy.

Grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Was that you that stopped & talked to me & Caneybuff on the island? I started off with the Zebra in that deeper water, no luck, they went wild on a PT though. It was a tad windy.

Grumpy
    I thought that was you fishing when I came by. You looked pretty focused on drifting that nymph. How far up did you two go? Caught a real nice bow not too far up the river from you...well, almost caught. I didn't quite get a chance to take the hook out of him. Wind sure did make things difficult for me. I'm working downtown now, so I'll have to stop by the shop sometime on my lunch break.

BTW...what was that setup you were using? Looked reeal nice!

Quote Originally Posted by doghaircaddis View Post
    I thought that was you fishing when I came by. You looked pretty focused on drifting that nymph. How far up did you two go? Caught a real nice bow not too far up the river from you...well, almost caught. I didn't quite get a chance to take the hook out of him. Wind sure did make things difficult for me. I'm working downtown now, so I'll have to stop by the shop sometime on my lunch break.

BTW...what was that setup you were using? Looked reeal nice!
    That was a Zero Gravity with a Hardy JLH5 reel, i'm a little bit fond of it.

Grumpy