Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where'd ya get that screen name?

this one is really simple......I love ff'ing for trout....and I'm a big buckeye fan....hense: buckeyetrouter
    Heaven seems a little closer .........on a Smoky Mountain stream.......
    Jeremiah 29:13

OK, I got stuck with it in high school. Only very old friends and close new friends know about it. I love bears (but I don't dance anymore) so I still use when needed.

Well mine came from a complete lack of creativity & my job.Over the years I don't know which one I've heard more often- "hey Budman you got any free samples?" or "hey Budman you got any free Dale Jr stuff?". If I had a dime for each time I'd be a very wealthy Budman!

I'm not really sure... except that my grandfather's name was William.

Default License Plate?

Well...I love catching native trout (when I first typed "native it came out "naive") and the native trout that call these mountains home, these little mountain creeks, we call mountain trout. They dont get but like 8in and beautiful in color.
    When I first came up w/ it I liked it. Then the more I look at it, the more it looks like a license plate....sometimes ppl will stand behind me while I type and say "You should get your screen name as your plate." AWW GOD WILL YOU STOP IT!...excuse me. Anyhoo, I think it defines me..I even use it to sign in at trail registeries (however you spell that).

I don't think i want to answer the question

Grumpy

Mine is pretty easy also, it's just part of my last name. My Grandfather has gone by "Griff" forever and I always thought that was cool.
    --Griff--

All those who believe in Telekinesis, please raise my hand.

50.67% of all statistics are made up.

ttas67 is for my initials, tas. 67 was my highschool football number. now, I'm not one of these guys that got stuck in my highschool football glory years. I signed up for aol years ago and had to pick a screen name. I wanted tas67 but that was taken, so I just added another t. I'ved used that for every screen name, log in, and email address ever since.
    Trevor

I am the most uncreative one on the board. Vern is my name, Actualy my name is Vernon. But when I moved From WVA to Tn in 1984 people would look at me and say "know what I mean Vern?" It took me a few weeks to figure out what was going on untill saw a Jim Varney commerical. When I started working for my present employer one of the owners was stuck on the Vern joke and it stuck. So in TN I am known as Vern and in WVa Vernon. So I guess it's orginal but not very flyfishing sounding.

This is an interesting thread. I'll bite. My screenname comes from thoughts of when I was much younger, fishing with my father who's now long gone. When he hollered that it was time to go, I would always want to stay a little longer. I would ask him for just one more cast. That one always turned into ten.