Thread: Clinch

Default Clinch

Has any one fished the clinch this week? how is it fishing? And what are they bitin? I think I might get out there on thursday. If you see a 15 yr old in a camo hat and neoprene waders,come say hey id love to meet some new people.

FFM4LIVE

It was a bit slow last week. I'm planning on hitting the Clinch this afternoon. I'll let ya know.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."~Henry David Thoreau

I went yesterday. Got to the weir about 5 and caught alot of small 4"to5" fish. moved to millers island around 6 and caught 10 fish in about a half hour but all small. No fish over 6". What happened to all the big fish? There are to many small stockers for the big fish to have any chance. I used a zebra midge, and I caught some on top with a sulpur. I may go again today.

Patrick

I hear you on the small fish. I fished it a couple times last season and caught mostly smaller fish in the 6-10" range. it seems like only 2 or 3 years ago I could go down there and every fish I caught was around 12". but you say they're hitting the old sulphur already? I may have to sneak over there after work one day.
    Trevor

You guys might want to come to Clinton on the 29th to express these questions about "what has happened to the fishing"? See post TWRA meeting.

Flat Fly'n

Thumbs up Clinch Report 3-21-07

I fished below the weir dam yesterday afternoon and did really well. And by 'really well' I mean I caught a lot of fish, but the biggest one was no more than 8".
    The fish were attacking almost anything you threw at them. Although most were caught on the obligatory midge patterns, I picked up quite a few on dry flies as well as streamers. Yesterday's success really made me alot more confident in my streamer fishing, which I admit I don't do enough of.
    All in all, I had 32 fish to hand in about two hours; a new personal best! I probably missed half that many. I had a monster fish try and annhialate one of the dinks I was bringing in. I got really excited and threw every streamer in my box to no avail.
    Again, all the fish were small, but were still a blast on the 3wt. It was fun. Dinker-iffic, even!
    (OK I'll stop.)
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."~Henry David Thoreau