Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FF club meeting in Knoxville

Default FF club meeting in Knoxville

I met Dave Duffy (Butte Irish) today at Gander Mtn. to hear his presentation on starting a FFF club hear in the East TN. area. Dave and his wife drove 3 hours from NC to meet with everyone. Well, Dave and myself were the only ones who showed up. I guess this shuts the door on having a dedicated FF organization here. I guess you can tell that I'm disapointed that no one was willing to give up an hour of their time for this. Sorry again Dave, It was nice meeting you both. I'll be sending you emails every so often. Troutman

I thought you were taking a trip this weekend, Gary.

As for the FF club. This is a bad time of year for any weekend indoor type stuff. Everybody's enjoying the weather. Winter would be better.

Rusty, Kids had soccer this morning and I had told Dave I was coming. He was expecting others also. Maybe next Nov./ Dec. time period would be better. I just feel bad that they drove all the way here for a second try at this.
    Dave is a great guy and didn't seem to concerned. We talked for about an hour
    about our favorite WW species. He's a fanatic also.
    As far as the trip planning is going, I'm watching the incoming weather.

I have said and I was the initial poster on this thread, that I am more than willing to volunteer and help out. I am a member of FF since 1996. I didn't want to be critical but I wasn't crazy about a 10:30 am Saturday gathering. We need to organize this on a weeknight and I will make sure I will be there. Yes I do feel bad about Mr Duffy driving that far and no one else showed up, but as previous poster said Spring is here and Saturday morning is not prime time for indoor stuff.

Default FFF club organiztion

I was thinking that if there is still enough interest in starting a local club with the FFF, that we could invite Dave back for the cookout during troutfest. We only need 7 people to start this up. I think all the local FF guides and shops would benefit from having a local club. Lots of networking possibilities between the different clubs across the country and all of its members. What do you all think?
    Table this till next winter or try to reschedule a meeting during Troutfest?

By the way, sorry if I sounded sarcastic in the earlier post. Venting frustration.
    Troutman

Default Apology

Dave & Troutman,
    I apologize for not attending yesterday. We run a HS lacrosse team of 40 young men. We had games yesterday, and the prep to get these things going is unbelievable.

I would be happy to help in this organization, but I could not attend yesterday. Please contact me if this gets off the ground.

Flat Fly'n
    http://www.westknoxwarriors.com/
    Last edited by Flat Fly n; 04-01-2007 at 09:35 AM.
    I am a great admirer of spectator sports, especially on television; it keeps the riffraff off the trout streams.

Troutman!

All good over here, I understand your frustration. Count me in on Troutfest. I am going for the acid depo in the morning on Saturday and I am going to be at Metcalf around 3 pm. We should be able to get this going. Keep in touch.

Sorry I couldn't be there. I take off maybe one Saturday per year but I'm working all the others. I'm a member and still in. But I can't do much about the Saturday thing.

Byron

Hi all.

i feel i must explain what whnet on with this meeting and why i picked a saturday.

The Saturday fit best for my schedule. And that particular saturday was an especially nice Saturday. I was hoping for rian LOL LOL LOL.

This club can get off the ground. I do not have to be there and can have a member of the baord from the Council be there or you guys can do it. it is not very hard. It just takes 7 willing workers. You are out there.

Wait until fall is good or just go do it. All the materials are on the FFF website to start a club.

The link is: http://www.fedflyfishers.org/abcharterClub.php

Week nights do work better as they usually do not conflict with fishing and sports etc.

What are the benifits check out this link for some really great learning activities.

http://fffsec.org/

when to the site just click on the seminars and programs icon on the upper left part of the page and look it over and then decide if this is enough value for the membership and a good reason to start a club and be a part of this.

Dave Duffy

Default Fff

Hi,

I have just moved from Michigan. I was one of the original 7 that has started a FFF for the Huron River. I got transferred before things got off the ground. I am still be CC: on all of their emails about the formation of a FFF. I would be willing to participate or just help in anyway I can.

Jim