Thread: Bamboo Help!!!

Default Bamboo Help!!!

There is a 6' 2/2 3-wt. bamboo fly rod made from a heddon trade rod that I can purchase for $175.00. The seller has put on a new mildrum stripper, candy apple red wraps, new guides and tip tops, new AAA cork, and a new cocobolo reelseat and it comes with sock and tube. Is it worth the money? Thanks for any info as I have never cast a bamboo before, but this seems like a way to get into it.
    To Miss Nancy - she hated fishing, but loved a fisherman.

Default Bamboo

I say check E-bay there are usually a couple hundred bamboo rods on there. I recantly found a three peice that I got for 50.00 but I need to find someone in the middle TN area to do a little restoration on it. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

BUY BUY BUY!!! actually I don't know very much at all about bamboo. sounds like a pretty good deal though. that would be a nice little brookie rod for around here. I'm suprised nobody's really responded. I figured there were some boo enthusiasts hanging around here. may be that they're keeping their mouth shut and trying to figure out where that rod is.
    Trevor

Default Bamboo Rod Restoration

I would suggest getting in touch with Walter Babb. He is a guide with LRO and makes wonderful bamboo rods and he may do some restoration. Contact him through Little River Outfitters.
    Chris McCarthy

Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    - Henry David Thoreau

You need to watch some of those rods that have been cut down, cut from the tip, some are to soft, cut from the butt, they are like broomsticks.
    I hope you have the opportunity to cast it before you buy it.

JG, there's a guy here in Nashville that does reasonable restorations as well as builds boo rods, PM me if you'd like & i'll give ya the info.

Grumpy