Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday April 15th.

I thought I saw you down near Big Bend. Fish were still rising consistently upriver, although not as many as yesterday and the bugs never showed up much either. Still, I can't complain since I caught plenty of fish on dries!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

yeah, you missed it hans. the fishing was excellent. the weather wasn't so good, but the trout were rising like crazy. the water was clear also.
    Trevor

Default Too Bad I Miseed it but good anyway

Well I guess I have to explain the title of this reply. I woke up with a terrible allergy Sunday morning. I suspect it came from the pollen. I had to clean my gutters in the rain saturday on my house. The next morning I could hardly stay out of bed. Anyway, I'm glad you all had a good time. I'm suprised the water was clear though.

GUESS WHAT: I'M GOING THIS SUNDAY REGARDLESS OF WEATHER.

Gerry Romer, Plateau, Trevor anyone, yes anyone are welcome to fish with me. I will be rigging up around 7 am at BIG BEND PARKING AREA. WHITE FORD RANGER. I'm going to a couple of honey holes in the morning and then we can do road side fishing in the afternoon. See you all then. I'm not canceling this one unless I am bedridden with some kind of illness. I will fish all day and I am going to have a great time. See ya'll then.

I went again today. beautiful weather and only saw two other fishermen the whole time. I basically had the river to myself. the bugs were out and so were the trout. the wind was brutal. this one spot I was fishing, everytime I'd catch a trout (all about 12") and just about get him in, this bass (about 15") would come out of nowhere and start chompin on the trout. this bass was not too much bigger than the trout, I wonder if he could've really eaten him.
    Trevor

Default Bass on trout

Is that considered bait fishing?

sb
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Hans, it looks like I will probably make it up to the Hiwassee again this Sunday so I'll try to make it there to fish with you. Should be a good day with nice weather forecast... Looking forward to finally getting to meet and fish with you... I've been wanting to explore the Big Bend better so it will be great to fish with someone that has experience in that section!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

count me in.
    Trevor

Default Alright you all!

See you both at Big Bend Parking area. I am shooting for as early as my old butt can make it out of bed. I am going to be there somewhere between 6:30 and 7 am. We will hike down to some of my favorite holes and I will fish til about noon. I'm intending to take a break at RFT and then for the afternoon I am going to fish further up around Towee Creek. I'm hoping my buddy from work will show for the afternoon. I'm looking forward to meet and maybe some of the others here on the board are game also.

See ya!

Sunday it is!

Other commitments on Saturday.

OH: ON ANOTHER NOTE: Have you all experienced the same one generator with the occassional pulse. I don't anticipate any 2 gen yet correct?

you're not going to eat one of those expensive BBQ sandwiches are you?
    Trevor

Talking Sunday the 22nd...

Hi All,

I'll probably be *in* Big Bend about 2:15 with my Montana guide, M. R.

"Holler" if ya see us!

best ones!
    L
    " I caught you a delicious bass "