Thread: Brookies on my mind...

Default Brookies on my mind...

I have been on an attractor fly tying kick. Maybe it has something to do with those beautiful, little brook trout I have been thinking about lately. I'm no professional and sometimes I do crowd the head a little, but I enjoy tying and I hope they will catch something.

"Open your eyes and look within, are you satisfied with the life you are living?"- Bob Marley

hey supafly.....nice looking flies, I almost bit the screen on the second pic.....let us know how the brookies like them.....

I just started seriously tying last year and even took a class at LRO......I still need some time behind the vise before I start trying my own variations

good luck on the brookies
    buckeyetrouter
    Heaven seems a little closer .........on a Smoky Mountain stream.......
    Jeremiah 29:13

Awesome flies! Those should catch fish for sure...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

That is a real good looking set of flies. Keep us posted on the results, especially those Trudes.

Brad

Thanks everyone. I really enjoy tying. I know I really do not need to embellish the flies to catch fish, but it is fun to deviate sometimes. It has been a long time since I've tied trout flies. I have been tying mainly clousers for the salt. After cruising the 'net, I was amazed at how many different and creative trout flies there are now. There are a lot of talented fly tyers out there!

Hopefully I will be able to get away this weekend to test them out. I am pretty sure I won't go to the park, though. I will probably head up to Tellico. I have not fished the Bald river in a long, long time. In 1990, I helped with brook trout restoration on Brookshire creek (a trib of the Bald river), and I plan on checking that out as well. It's tight fishing up there, but I would love to see the stream and hopefully a few brookies too. On the other hand, after reading Plateau Angler's report a few days ago the Hiwassee is mighty tempting...
    "Open your eyes and look within, are you satisfied with the life you are living?"- Bob Marley