Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decisions, Decisions

Default Decisions, Decisions

I have the next 5 days off!!!!!

Seeing how East Tennessee has about 1000 miles of freshwater fishing to do, the decison on where and how to spend my fishing time is perplexing.

Should one pursue the striped bass, trout, or smallies? How about some help here? That's is the toughest question during the spring in East TN that drives me crazy. Crank the boat or wade, clausers, wooly buggers, PTNs, or comparaduns? Clinch, S. Holston, Holston, Little River, got any suggestions?

Flat Fly'n
    I am a great admirer of spectator sports, especially on television; it keeps the riffraff off the trout streams.

while the fishing opportunities around here are excellent, I personally would take a trip somewhere out of state if I had 5 days off. I'd probably go to PA.
    Trevor

Default 5 days to fish

If I had a boat to run the rivers, I would be on the Holston and fish for the white bass, smallies and crappie right now. Something for fun and something for dinner! After a couple of days, I would go up to Watauga and S. Holston and spend a day on each. Last day I would start early and fish for a Smokies slam somewhere in the park. Deep Creek or LR.

The Clinch has been fishing great the pat couple of weeks. I would spend at least an afternoon down around the jail.

This one is very easy.

5 days= Back Country in the GSM! It just doesn't get any better......

Mark...
    "Great things are done when men and mountains meet." William Blake

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)

Are you really sure you don't want to just play some golfs?

Paula

I would pick one type of fishing, and maximize my time. While they all might be fun, if you try to do them all, you'll end up rushing around and not enjoying anything. Pick a favorite, and go do that. For me, that would be finding an isolated, overgrown stream with tight casting conditions - the farther off the beaten path, the better.

Default Started off with white bass and stripers

Tonight below Melton Hill. Lots of white bass, but the stripers were small. A tailwater tomorrow.........ain't East TN fun.
    I am a great admirer of spectator sports, especially on television; it keeps the riffraff off the trout streams.

Default Day # 2 of 5

Well Flat,
    How was day # 2. What sort of adventure did you manage to find. Any big bends in the fly rods? Let's hear about it?
    Tight lines,
    John

Exclamation

Paula -- with this very "politically incorrect" response, you are banned from posting for 1 week! And, I'm sure Byron would agree with me!

Quote Originally Posted by psbegley View Post
    Are you really sure you don't want to just play some golfs?

Paula