Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: foam parachute

my current job would never allow such a trip, either. I'm going back to school full time in the fall and just happen to have a little transition time before school starts.
    Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
    Sidenote: I recently talked to my guide from last year and he said the late season snowfalls have provided a 110% snowpack. Hebgen Lake is full and the madison is getting good flows already. The fishing should be fantastic all season in all the rivers!
    That is some of the best news I've heard in awhile. The last time I checked the snowpack maps, things were looking better but still not up to 100% or better. Plenty of water can make or break these trips...

BTW, that was a nice hopper pattern you posted, hope you don't mind if I copy it... Any other pictures of hopper patterns (or other terrestrials) that you wouldn't mind sharing?
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

PA, try it, change it around. Most everyone's patterns are just a variation of someone elses anyways. That one had one set of "red rubber legs" and no site post when I saw it. I changed it to "UT" BIG ORANGE of course! I also added more kicker legs to add balance and movement on the water. Everyone that has seen my nymph flybox knows I like to use rubber legs and various materials. I like to do that with hoppers and beetles also. You might want to try out Griff's beetle pattern from the fly swap also. I bet it would be great on those big Cutts on the Lamar and Slough Creek.
    The only flies I usually don't share are my Smallie Streamers. Too much time and experimentation involved to just give out online.