Thread: Stripers part 2

Default Stripers part 2

The Striper bite on the fly has been good the last week or so.

Default Striper Bite

Mike,
    Looks like mostly night fishing and awesome fish. Are you using sinking lines on a 10 wt? You guide people for this type of fishing don't you? I will check your site.
    Looks like a lot of fun!
    Best,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Jswitow View Post
    Mike,
    Looks like mostly night fishing and awesome fish. Are you using sinking lines on a 10 wt? You guide people for this type of fishing don't you? I will check your site.
    Looks like a lot of fun!
    Best,
    John
    We catch the larger fish around dark thirty right now. That's not always the case however. Certain conditions can get the big bite on during the day. We’ve been catching 30 to 40 Small 2 to 7 pound Stripers per trip so the day isn't a waste. I use a 7wt during the day and switch over to a 10 for the magic hours. My line is 350 grain on the 7 and 500 grain on the 10. If your not used to it it'll hurt your arm a bit at first. The first few fish help ease the pain however.

And yes, I do Guide for these fish.

Default Striper fishing

I need to find someone who wants to try this, then will need to get a 500 gr sinking line. Is it full sinking or sinking tip?
    Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Jswitow View Post
    I need to find someone who wants to try this, then will need to get a 500 gr sinking line. Is it full sinking or sinking tip?
    Thanks,
    John
    It's an integrated 30' shooting head with intermediate running line. I'm sure Byron has some.

I think you’d be happier if you came alone.

John,

I would like to go with you. It would have to be July or August for me. Paula and I are Tarpon fishing next week then I have to play catchup at the shop.

Mike,

I've been wanting to book a trip with you ever since we talked. You might have your hands full with me and John but you will have fun.

Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Begley View Post
    John,

I would like to go with you. It would have to be July or August for me. Paula and I are Tarpon fishing next week then I have to play catchup at the shop.

Mike,

I've been wanting to book a trip with you ever since we talked. You might have your hands full with me and John but you will have fun.

Byron

Sounds good! Try to do it soon if you can and plan to stay LATE.

Mike,

Would we stay at the State Park on Center Hill? Or the State Park at Wolf Creek Dam? When does this striper fishing with flies end? I'm tied up until July or early August. Going tarpon fishing again next week. John is a good friend of mine but we've never fished together.

Byron

Hey Byron shoot me an email at mikeanderson@trophyfishingtn.com and we can work on the details.

Default Striper fishing

Byron and Mike,
    This sounds great! Just let me know what you all come up with and we can go from there.
    Thanks,
    John