Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is off topic but please read...

Default This is off topic but please read...

Ok so Byron and Paula I know this really shouldnt be on the board, but I need some help...I know you guys and girls have been around the block for a while so here we go:

Ok so my girlfriend, she has a boyfriend but hes in Texas. He is in the Airforce. I kind of slipped in to the the "at home" boyfriend. Well I noticed that I have been on hold for like a week or so. No problem to me b/c Ive been fishing . Now, we never said that we were boy and girl or that we were dating, it was just assumed by both of us and we went along with it.

But ive been on hold, I try calling her and shes on the phone w/ him or when I email i dont get a reply. I told her i would take her to the movies, i had 40bucks and a full tank of gas. She just kinda put it off. So finally I asked her, "What the **** is going on?"
    Well she met some guy at Kmart about a month ago and she really likes him. But I am her best friend and she still needs me. There is this BIG mess and its Texas, Kmart, and her. I said I want no part of this *&#$!

I went fishing today and she tracked me down. Gave me this long hug and said she missed me.
    BUT I take horse lessons on Wed. And today there was this girl who just moved from Arkansas and shes my age and she is ...can i say it? HOTT !!!!!

So my question is what do yall think (Im seriously losing my mind) and why are girls so bad?
    **Im sorry but I had to post this to get some answers. Yall are the only others I have to turn to.

If it was me I'd stop putting up with the old girlfriend and just move on. Youll realize that when you find the right one this kind of stuff that you are talking about just isnt there, but you will only find that if you move on. Might be hard but it'll be alright. just my personal experience that the ones worth staying around dont have this other drama.

MTN_TRT,
    I don't know how to break this to you, but she has been calling me to
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Dude don't be stupid, stop wasting your time. Move on to the hotty from Arkansas. Your being used as an emotional friend. Your not her boy friend your nothing but a "stand in" untill Texas comes home or something better comes along. Wise up.

Do we need to start an advice column along the lines of "Dear Brookie"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rog 1 View Post
    Do we need to start an advice column along the lines of "Dear Brookie"?
    LOL!! I love it.

I'd agree with what has been said. Move on, lick your wounds and get with someone who respects you. I guarantee that when you start slipping away she'll try to latch on harder than a leech. Be bigger than that and keep your focus on other things, like that new girl or fishin'.

This is so far off-topic, I don't know what to say.

Moved to message board forum.

Paula

Kinda makes a good case for Speed Dating, don't y'all think?

I'd give the first one a book of the new postage stamps so she can fill all those empty hours writing Texas... and then I'd increase the horseback riding to about 6 days a week!

Can't wait for Paula's take on this one!

Gerry

...And all I intended to do (while at work) was read today's fishing report

MTN_TRT,

...Run like a thoroughbred back to the stables.
    http://www.troutanon.com rrainshaker at comcast dot netrainshaker at comcast dot net

MTN_TRT,

I would stay away from girlfriend #1. She has too many conflicts for a guy like you. You don't need that. You deserve better. I would hang around the barn during the middle of the day when the fishing is slow and get to know the HOT girl from Arkansas. Maybe her parents have a home on the White River.

Byron