Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: worst snake experience?

Default Snake Experiences

I know someone that was bit by a timber rattler and said it came very close to killing him. Thats interesting for a docile snake. I tried poking the timber rattler in my previous post with a stick and he really didnt care much. Eventually just make his way off the side of the road.

My neice stepped on a very very small copperhead once and it came back and got her in the ankle. Her entire leg ended up swelling to at least twice its normal size, definitely a scary experience. We were outside a bunch of cabins sitting around a bonfire around midnight. She made her way to her cabin when she stepped on it. I make sure my kids wear long pants when camping to keep something similar from happening. Also, while I have wet waded on many occasion in the past, I find that I prefer using my waders now. =)

Seen a LARGE copperhead on the trail to Abrams Fall one time. He was coiled up in the shade of a big boulder immediately adjacent to the trail. Beautiful creature indeed but almost c----- in my pants when I seen it.

I wasn't fishing at the time but I was helping on a farm in MT and I was moving irrigation pipe. As I lifted the pipe I heard a buzzing sound and thought I had gotten into a nest of bees. As I tipped the pipe up 50-60 western rattlers fell out the end. I ran faster than a chubby kid in a cupcake factory to get away. Seems that they slither into the pipes at night to keep warm. I have had an extreme fear of irrigation pipe after that experiance

Was fishin near Metcaff in early June of this year, approached a small dam/falls area and fished the pool area below the falls, as I began to exit the water and head up the bank to my truck a copperhead seemed to charge me, I yelled like a school girl, poked my rod at him and it did not seem to slow it down, I continued yelling and poked an additional 2 times, still not slowing down and only about 4 feet from me now, I slipped on a mossy rock, fell back partially in the water, regained my standing position and could not find the snake anywhere, it then appeared below me under the edge of a rock, I again screamed, ran, got to my truck, noticed my rod was broken in 3 places.......3 hours later, I replaced my fairly cheap rod with a very nice St. Croix with a lifetime warranty....for days I would make a really weird sound and shake all over every time I thought about it....I HATE snakes

Default snakes

LMAO BamaBum. Good one.

I HATE snakes
    Generally, snakes don't bother me, but I'm not sure I'd want to be that close to a copperhead.

Spiders on the other hand will make me scream like a little girl every time.

Jeff

Default Hahahaha!!!

Awww...you guys!

I saw a timber rattler in the Park several years ago. I tried to get it to rattle, so I would know what it sounded like. It gave me a glare over its back and slithered away.

Paula

was a rattler on laurel falls paved trail last week...sorta just freaking the people out.
    I started with nothing, and I have most of it left.
    www.angelfire.com/film/samsfotosafari

Exclamation

Saw Dead Timber Rattler over 4 ft long on Road to Pump House at the Sipsey River. He had been run over by a car, but still in tact. Girth was larger than a coke can. Looking for water I'm sure, over 100 degrees here for last 15 days and NO rain....