Thread: Could we have a Backcountry Forum?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Could we have a Backcountry Forum?

Paula, Byron and Daniel,

I know you all are very busy, but I wanted to see if there was any interest in adding a new forum to your messageboard. About half of the the Smoky Mountain Fishing forum has a lot of Backcountry content (hiking, backcountry campsites, and other items) that a lot of the folks fishing on the major routes are not as interested in. Not to mention that anytime anyone says anything about bears in the backcountry, newcomers to the forum get nervous, even if they are fishing from the roads.

Also, by having threads dedicated to information about camping, hiking, wildlife and plantlife you might be able to attract more folks onto the board and maybe even convince them to give FF a try.

The Backcountry Forum wouldn't have to be about just the Smokies. The guys over in NC could post their wild brookie backcountry reports along with those from the Smokies that the rest of us post.

Anyone have an opinion?

I have never really thought about it but i like that idea! Of course i think there are only about four of us "nc guys." The idea of one having to do with backcountry fishing topics is great though, because i'm always interested in hearing about what gear people take with them on their fishing trips, what food they cook, etc.

Of course we'll have to wait and see what the powers to be think of it but i like it.

Craig

Sounds great to me, I would love to here of other back country sites in and around the GSMNP.

Default Hiking

I would love to get information on hiking trails, how close to fishing and how tough the trails are. Those of us approaching, or maybe in, senior status, appreciate knowing how good (or bad) a trail is before heading out carrying wading boots, vest, rod, water, food, etc. for a day trip.

Default Ps

ps: I already get good info from Sam McDonalds' posts. Maybe we need a "Sam" forum.

thanks, barbara.........feel free to ask about most trails....not much i haven't done...maintained or not.
    I started with nothing, and I have most of it left.
    www.angelfire.com/film/samsfotosafari