Thread: Cosby Creek 7/23/07

Default Cosby Creek 7/23/07

Good day to all,

I was able to fish Cosby Creek for an hour on monday and the water looked better than it did a couple weeks ago. I only caught one fish but missed many strikes. ijsouth this is the best the creek has looked since May. I am able to fish the creek at least once a month. Enjoy the pictures below.

Patrick

Wow, I now have a new computer background! Those are a couple of awesome pictures. Thanks for posting them! I've never fished up at Cosby or Big Creek. Does that area seem to fish like the Little River and its tribs, or do the fish up there like different stuff?

CinciVol

I have been catching fish this summer on ants and Par adams. It is liking fishing above tremont. I have not fished the section above the camp ground yet to find some brookies. I am waiting for the water level to come up a little.

Patrick

Thanks! I just might have to make a quick trip up there next weekend, given those nice looking water levels...it looks like the Mississippi compared to what it looked like last month.

i went to cosby really early this moring (got there around 7) b/c i left for the beach today too and wanted to get some fishing in first. i got there, and just heard the water from the parking lot and thought, "who opened the generators on cosby today?". the water was way up, i only spotted a few pools at best and even those were barely pools instead of rapids. i couldnt wade through it hardly, and just hiked around the bank most of the time. i didnt get much fishing, the water was just running really hard, and although im very familar with cosby, im pretty sure it was above normal today. i'll load some pictures tonight, and edit this post later to show what it was like.

ben
    "I've got to stop wishin, I've got to go fishin"