Thread: scissors

Smile scissors

can anyone give some advice on a good pair of scissors with large finger loops. i have looked some but i always like hearing what other people have to say

I would just say that regardless of finger loop size, get quality scissors. I started with crappy ones and they were a real detriment to tying.

sb
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Default Scissors

These ice tempered stainless steel scissors feature adjustable finger loops and serrated blades with fine, narrow points. Made in the U.S.A. by Anvil. Straight , Anvil Scissors Midge. Product Code XSC63, you can get them from Little River Outfitters. They are sold under Wapsi.
    Paul

for a quality buy Germany or Japaneses best quality, Pakistan low quality, imported scissors must state country of origin ,if imported to the usa. anvil is good quality. but best quality scissors cost money expect to pay $ 40 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
    but best quality scissors cost money expect to pay $ 40 plus.
    Okay....

Just what the he** is your markup anyway?!

Gerry Romer

I think you need at least 2 pairs of scissors for your fly tying bench. You need one fine tip pair that you don't cut anything but thread and hackle with, and another pair to cut hair and synthetics with. I even keep an inexpensive pair to cut wire and foam with. The fine tip pair that you cut hackle and thread should be the ones you spend the most on. I like Dr Slick scissors, large variety of styles and a wide range of prices.
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali