Thread: 8/30/07 Fishing Report

Default 8/30/07 Fishing Report

Okay, Byron...

So what's the story behind the boat at the top of the fishing report? Did I miss something somewhere?

Gerry

Gerry

Are you making fun of my boat? It may be a rust bucket, but it still floats.

Paula

Gerry

The boat you are referring to is 8" long (Paula was messin' with you). It is one of many things you will see on the website that are part of the "collection" in our fishing room.

Take a look at the front page of the website, that one is about the same size.

Look forward to seeing more stuff soon.

Byron

Byron/Paula:

I have to say, I think I've seen a boat like that before - washed up in the marsh by Katrina (just kidding - my boat's not exactly the Queen Mary either).

P.S. Quick Saltwater Report. I was out for my run/walk along Lake Ponchartrain, when I heard something coming from the lake that sounded like a water fountain gurgling away. I went over to the seawall, and I saw hundreds of mullet, up to a foot long, jumping and swimming for their lives. Every once in a while, I'd see a huge swirl/splash. It was probably a couple of Jack Crevalle working the mullet over, but it also could have been a small tarpon. How I wished I had some sort of rod - fly, spinning, it wouldn't matter.

What about the wood boat pictured on the top of the web page? It is beautiful! Can you tell me anything about it? Who makes it? Where are they sold? How much,ect?
    Thank you

rainBBow, I am not sure of the origins of the boat on the home page of the message board...Byron and I have both tried to remember where it came from, to no avail. We have another one (a miniature McKenzie drift boat) that was made by Byron's buddy, Frank. You will see that one sometime soon.

We have more fishing stuff than you can shake a rod at side ways. None of the things that will be pictured are available for sale, they are just our "collectibles" from years of accumulating...things.

Paula

Default Some will understand!

Byron, how did you edit out the support beams and edit in the oars....Must have been a hard shot! I can see you standing on the cash register counter shooting upside down at the ceiling! I've always wondered if that was "built in" during the construction of the new shop!

Anyhow charming and delightfull change!
    Brett

Brett,

The boat on the home page is only about 8" long. It is a toy model. You have seen our photography studio here at the shop. I've been taking pictures of things like toy boats, creels, carved trout, old photos and things like that for these new banners. The wood backgrounds you see are from old barns at the Heritage Museum up the street. The wood LRO sign background is one of the walls in the shop. I can erase any background from an object leaving only the object. That is done in Adobe Photoshop. All the flies in our online catalog are done the same way. Whatever I use to hold the fly to take the photo is erased in photoshop. I normally use a needle in a fly tying vise to hold the fly. The background is blown out with flash and the fly is lit using two more flashes. I use three flash units on almost everything we photograph.

Byron

Darn!

I was sure that that boat had something to do with your misspent youth in Kentucky....

Oh well, site looks good!

Gerry

Default Byron

It was a joke! I was refering to the similar "FULL SIZE" model you have upside down in the rafters to the left of the registers there! GEEZE!!! why must everyone take me so seriously! Love the effort, I know I'm slow Byron!

Brett