Thread: Walland

Default Walland

Ok, if I want to put a watercraft in the water above the dam in Walland. Is there a small boat ramp there or is it strictly canoe and kayak accessible. If I can't take my small boat I have a sit on top kayak. I just need to know which to take. I think I am going to try for Sunday morning. If you would like to go contact me: jahowe@charter.net

My sit on top and boat are two person. Of course my wife has first dibs. Doubt she will be interested though.
    "The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing." Babylonian Proverb

Default Here's my thought

There is a ramp just above the dam,its very steep though.But it is possible to put in there.But if you go across the bridge and turn right toward townsend on the old road pull off at the second pull off you canput in there aswell. Ive fished there many time in a canoe and in a jon boat,but never fly fished there just spin fished with minnows. Ive had great sucsess there catching everything from trout,redeyes,largemouth,catfish,carp,bluegill,cra ppie yes i said crappie,and very large smallies.the water depth is about 20+ ft deep in places.its a great hole to fish.

Thanks, I am going to check this out.
    "The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing." Babylonian Proverb