Thread: Camera

Default Camera

I am looking at getting a digital camera over carrying those little waterproof disposable cameras. I am pretty rough on my gear but I would like a good camera but not too expensive just a relatively inexpensive(not cheap) digital that would be good for fishing.

Plateau Angler Bought a camera months ago and posted some pictures. I in turn ended up buying one and love it. It is a Pentax Optio WP. I actually own two now. My 2yr old hid it for a while so I bought another. Both of the cameras I bought off ebay (approx. 140) They are waterproof to a depth of about 1.5meters below the surface. I have taken great shots of my children in the pool, lake, and some fish also. I also like not worrying about dropping it or getting it splashed. It is slim and fits in my pack easily when fishing also.
    "The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing." Babylonian Proverb

I have the optio w20 and love it. The w30 is out now and it's a little better but i don't think you would go wrong with that camera.

Also, i believe olympus that is supposedly shockproof, waterproof, idiotproof, etc. I have seen it in the stores and it looks pretty neat.

Craig

Default Pentax Optio

I made up my mind to get one this past weekend, and PA suggested the w30 which is a newer/higher model than the w20. WP down to 10 ft, for up to 2hrs. I bought one from Amazon for $242 I think, just got it yesterday. So far, so great. Have not had a digital until now, can't wait to post some fish shots.

sb
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

I got the w20 for $130 and the w30 for $178. The only difference that I have seen is the mp. Either one you would be fine.
    "The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing." Babylonian Proverb

Default Another Option

I recently got an Olympus FE-210. I have no idea whether it is shockproof, waterproof or anythingelseproof. It's best feature - I got it free as a company service award so it's my favorite digital camera. And if I happen to inadvertently take a dive in a nice spill pool, I haven't lost a thing. Hope to be taking some pictures soon of some of the scenes only captured in my mind right now.

But thanks for all the great suggestions on my follow-up digital.
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

I looked at those W20's and think I will go ahead and get one. Its perfect because I can just stick it in my waders pocket and not have to worry about if I take a spill it being in a bag or anything. Thanks for all the advice, Ben.