Thread: Pond fishing

Default Pond fishing

Went to the pond yesterday afternoon, we had a few rain showers coming in off of the coast. I fugured it might turn them on a little bit. I started out with a popper, the Bream hit a little, I caught 3 or 4 Bluegill. The water has really chilled down a lot, I noticed how slow the Bream were and how chilly the water felt. I switched over to a Crawfish pattern to see if the Bass would cooperate, they haven't done much at all the last month or so. The second cast I caught a nice one about a pound and a half.

I released him and kept fishing the craw slowly along the lilly pads. I fished a while longer without any strikes but when one did finally pick it up it was a nailer. She ran straight into the pads and I just held pressure to her for what seemed like a long time till she backed out. After she got in open water I dropped the anchor and she circled the boat a couple times and jumped 3 or 4 times. It was funny because every time she jumped my dog jumped even more! Anyhow here's a couple of pics, I guessed 5.5-6 lbs and about 23". This was on my 4 wt 9 ft finesse.

Have a good one and tight lines!

Good looking DAWG there! She has that look in her eye like " I thought we were going to chase birds this time!" Very nice Bass. Quite a workout on the 4wt I'm sure. Congrats!