Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: River Cleanup Townsend

There has been some discussion about having a cleanup day in the Smokies as well. Would that tie in with this event or is this strictly a Townsend deal? Count me in for either.
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

This would probably be in Townsend, check with TU for inside the park. TU Little River Chapter (Maryville), does one every year in March or thereabouts.

I'm still sort of new to all this, but I'd like to help out with this river clean up Mr. Begley. I'd really like to get involved in TU and the Fly Fishing Federation, but I don't know if i'm old enough. I'm 14 and alot of my time is taken with Boy Scouts. But if there's any way you know I could get involved and do the clean up on the river, I'll take any suggestions.
    Jayson Alexander

Great to see how much this is growing. I have made contact with MTFF and I am goning to bring it up at our next meeting. Do we have a tenitive date?

Default Count me in

I am interested in the clean up. What a great way to show our support of the area, and the place that means so much to us.

Don't really have a date down but I would prefer late September for some cooler days if at all possible. The date is something we are going to have to discuss and potentially vote on.

I was in a Convention and Visitors Bureau meeting this afternoon. Mark Chipperfield who runs the KOA Campground was there. He is also a Townsend City Commissioner. I told him about the cleanup. He said to let him know if there is anything he can do to help. He said we could put a dumpster on their property.

Byron

Jayson,

You are old enough. We have had people your age help in lots of TU Projects in the past. One of the original members of the Little River Chapter of Trout Unlimited was 15 when we formed. He is a guide in Key West now. His name is Drew Delashmit and he is a frequent visitor to this message board. He turned 30 last week. Jason Everbach was younger than you when he started helping with TU projects. Bring your mom or dad or both. And if they don't mind, call me Byron.

Byron

just let me know when and where to show up.....i'll get the day off and join in
    sam
    I started with nothing, and I have most of it left.
    www.angelfire.com/film/samsfotosafari

Byron, Do you think we could get the KOA to offer a discount for the weekend of the cleanup? I know that several of the MTFF members are car campers and it would be nice to offer a discount for people traveling from long distance. Elkmont is great but after a river clean a hot shower would be nice.