Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a look at the park

Default more mem's of the PF car show

waited an hour to get breakfast at a certain apple place----got some coffee--started by saying ,i had a employee who had been coming to PF for 25 years and had yet to enter the park---across the tablet--the bride of my friend said"what's the park?"
    I said---the smokeys
    she said---what's that?
    I said--That's the park
    She said---what's in the park
    I said---Streams and trees and stuff like that
    she said---why would i want to go there when i can shop here
    I said---because it is a famous national park
    she said----I've been coming here for many years---thought the Smokeys were just mountains,i did not know they were "THE PARK"
    I got biscuits and gravy,not bad,and hoped that one day my friend's wife would be attacked by a bear----

Several years ago we were fishing Laurel fork with a friend the last day of our stay. She was going to go to Gatliberg to get her Dad some stick candy that she couldn't get any where else.
    She left over an hour before we did and got back to Louisville THREE hours after we did. Four hours just for some candy....

Tom

You would absolutely not believe how many times we hear "What Park?" here at LRO. I am always blown away...really astonished that people would travel here from far off places and NOT know that they were within 2 miles of the most visited National Park in the country.

Paula

Steve Moore has told me stories of people criticizing him for not releasing more water into the streams for tubing and for not letting the bears out of their cages more often.

Default Don't know whether to laugh or cringe

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Begley View Post
    You would absolutely not believe how many times we hear "What Park?" here at LRO. I am always blown away...really astonished that people would travel here from far off places and NOT know that they were within 2 miles of the most visited National Park in the country.

Paula

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    Steve Moore has told me stories of people criticizing him for not releasing more water into the streams for tubing and for not letting the bears out of their cages more often.

I had a good laugh when I first read this...then, I thought about it for a bit, and it's a bit scary that people actually have that mentality. No wonder hunting and fishing are on the decline - people are living their lives totally disconnected from the outdoors. The future of our sport and the wildlife we all love are at stake - no future fishermen, no revenues for wildlife management, and the resource will suffer. Take a kid fishing - if you don't have kids of your own, confiscate your neighbor's.

I'm doing my part

Jeff