Thread: Coming up on oct 19th Campgrounds?

Default Coming up on oct 19th Campgrounds?

I am bringing Gaintfish up next weekend. I tried to get the company chalet but the owner may be using it. Gaintfish is fresh off a broken leg (he is doing well, back to running on pavement but no trail running yet) so backcountry camping might be pushing it. I tried to reserve a cmpsite in Elkmont but the online reservation system is not working. What are my chances of getting a campsite coming in thur evening?

Vern, call RIGHT NOW and try to make a reservation. I had to cancel and it might still be available as I JUST got off the phone for the cancellation. The reservation started Thursday evening and went through Saturday night. It was for Elkmont... Phone #1-877-444-6777... Hope this helps!!!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Oh yeah, I can almost guarantee that there will be no sites available w/out a reservation...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

The Trout Zone Blog

You might get lucky and get one of the walkin sites up against the road....if you are in a tent these are not so bad and can be had without a reservation.

Thanks Plateau Angler, called and there was one site left. g26 most have been yours. hate to drive up there with no place to stay.

Glad ya'll were able to get it. I really wanted to head up there but things didn't work out. Hope you have a good time and catch some fish!

The Trout Zone Blog

Tell ya what, it's busy all around....the leaf peakers. I couldn't get a room at our usual place in Maggie Valley for next weekend - had to go all the way to Franklin, N.C. Next year, I'll introduce the girls to camping - one year older.

I would prefer to stay in the Chalet. full size beds, warm showers, dish washer,color cable, and free. But even if I do get the chalet Gaintfish wants to camp. Oh well when I was a teenager I would do the samething. And I do enjoy camping as long as there are not a loud party crowd net door. PLus I can get up and be on some of my favorite streams in a few minutes.