Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good spot for newbie and son

Thanks Jeff,

I work with 550 kids everyday and know exactly what you mean. It's very of sad.

I kind of got started late with these kids but I am getting the chance to re-live my childhood. I agree it is worth every penny and I really do have an understanding and supportive wife. We started bank fishing about 3 years ago and started fly fishing this past summer.

The 7 year old is great and I am sure that his 3 year old crazy brother will be OK someday.
    David

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

David we should be above Elkmont sat. morning, we are planning on going in over 4 miles and start fishing. so we may be coming out when you come in. If you see a tall skinny kid with a heavy sit middle age man stop and say HI. I have a older red Nissan 4wd pick up with a topper and racks. if you see us loading up stop and we will tell you how things went.

Vern,

We will be heading down on November 9th and fishing the 10th and 11th.

Seems like a long way off. We would really like to meet up with you guys sometime.
    Last edited by cardfly; 10-17-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: because a mind is a terrible thing to waste!
    David

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    IJsouth if you see a tall skinny teenager with a heavy set out of shape middle age man stop and say HI.
    Sure will...you can't miss us - a heavy-set, out of shape dad with 3 girls, all in various forms of camo. We'll hit Cosby for a few brookies, and Straight Fork I'm sure...but we also might try a few new places on the N.C. side.

Quote Originally Posted by cardfly View Post
    We will be heading down on November 9th and fishing the 10th and 11th.

Seems like a long way off. We would really like to meet up with you guys sometime.
    My wife and I are heading up that same weekend. We are staying at The Lodge at Buckberry Creek. I am new to this stream fishing and I am also looking for my first rainbow trout. Thanks for the info.

I fished the Greenbriar area this past Saturday. Took my girlfriends 14 yr. old son and had a really good outing.

Caught 15 between us 3 in 3 hours. Mostly hand sized rainbows on #16 tan caddis with a FB pheasant tail dropper #16-18.

His third time out and caught 3.

Good Luck.

Hey Kebo,

What part of Greenbriar did you go to? I remember it being easy to get to.
    David

Turn right into the park and go too the first bridge to the left.

We fish the section below the bridge that you cross, and up the fork section.

you'll know it when you see it.

Good Luck.