Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've had my fill of Fall

Well, if ya'll are going to blame me for not catching fish, then its only fair that you take me on all your fishing trips. This will give you the opportunity to access inside information that might turn your day around... Oh yeah, and did I mention that I have a good sense of direction so you'll always get to that great fishing hole sooner as opposed to later... So when are we going fishing??
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

great post gerry, sorry for your misfortune. sometimes being lost has its reasons.

david does have an uncanny sense of direction. he also can predict the weather (accurately) over a several day period.
    Trevor

If you never got lost, or caught in the weather, or if you managed to catch 20" trout all the time and always remembered to bring your camera, you'd never have any good stories to tell!!

On any normal day you could take a nice drive down to the HI with perfect weather conditions, pull out hard fighting 20" rainbows right and left all day long and of course get all of it on film, but that would make for some pretty boring stories...

Ok, not boring, but nowhere near as comical or entertaining...keep up the great work Gerry!

And plus, having a true misadventure now and then, only makes all of the good days, that much better...

Quote Originally Posted by ttas67 View Post
    david does have an uncanny sense of direction.

My son can attest to my uncanny ability to get us lost. I think we've gone to the SoHo by every available route, including the venerable "as the crow flies". We even made one trip from Knoxville to the SoHo by way of Virginia. Coincidentally, on the return trip, Brett missed the I-81 connection (we still have no idea how he missed all those very large signs that scream "Hey! Yeah, you, idiot! Turn here!!) and we ended up in Virginia again!

David, I'm ready anytime!! Especially if you're headed to the Caney.

Gerry

Default Misadventures

Hey Gerry, at least you didn't break your rod! Have any of you ever read any of Patrick McManus books? He is hilarious! Right up this alley too.
    Nice posting, and I will remember the note about the Powerhouse Plateau.
    Better days, though I am sure this one was really pretty good!
    John

Gerry, if you're interested in fishing the Caney in the next few weeks, send me an email. I'll probably be fishing over there fairly soon...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog