Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas Wish List

Default Christmas Wishes

I am wishing the time would change back so I could squeeze in fishing after work everday again. It has been a great year and can't say I really need anything. My younger brother made it hame after 15 months of fighting in Iraq. We will be doing some Steelhead fishing this coming year near his home in Seattle. So I might want a new rod to accompany me.
    I did buy him a new rod for Christmas/welcome home. He now has the 8wt TFO Project Healing Waters rod ( I thought that would be appropriate) with matching cammo case, thank you Daniel. That trip to see him is enough for me to be thankful this season.

A plane ticket would be nice also!

My younger brother made it hame after 15 months of fighting in Iraq.
    Please tell your brother that my family and I say thanks!

Jeff

ACinEastTN,

Glad you are going to have such a good Christmas. He is home so you have already had a great Christmas. Tell your brother thanks for what he did for me and my family. Go fishing together and make a memory!
    Don Winningham

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.

Thumbs up I got my wish!!

Thought you all might want to see what the Middle Prong looks like with water in it... and a healthy fog to boot!

Not sure where those spots came from. I shot that second one on auto-exposure and then again on manual. The spots only show up in the auto-exposure shots, not in the manual shots. I kept flipping back and forth between the two settings and got the same result each time. It was a bit foggy but it had stopped raining and I couldn't make out any visible splash in the area... plus, the light was very low, with no direct sunlight.

Anyway... that strange, black, ribbon-like shape in the middle with all the foamy stuff around it is called "water".

Went up there yesterday afternoon to try and fish. Water was up (Yay!) with a good healthy flow and a little bit of a stain - about the color of weak tea. I'd forgotten what it's like trying to wade this stretch with a decent flow. Byron's right. It doesn't take much to knock you off your pins. I did okay but it was much slower going than I'm used to.

This was about a mile above The Institute. I took the temp before I started in and got a reading of 52.7 degrees!

Went fishing, not catching. Got skunked, but who cares!? I got my Christmas wish... well, it's a start!

Gerry

Wow the river looks great with that kind of flow. It sounds like things are improving out there, slowly but surely. Hopefully it will continue. It's going to be a slow process but with a good, wet winter a big dent can be put in it.

Craig

Wow....you're right - it's been almost a year since I've seen that water that high.

Default Wish List

I wish for:
    • My meeting tomorrow afternoon to be canceled so I can go fishing before the water cools off again
    • Success for Rocky
    • A nice set of Orvis waders
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com