Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bamboo Fly Rod

As far as equipment to get started, you will need plane's, plane forms, sharpening stones for the planes, hand files, micrometers or dial calipers. depth gage, torch (if you wish to flame) just to mention a few. I'm sure you could probably use the wrapper you have, but keep in mind this is my first rod and by no means do I know what I'm talking about.

Grumpy, I flamed the rod and used a hand rubbed oil finish on it.

God Bless,
    DWT

btw, i love the rod sack to, a local builder makes his own sacks & there's always a history lesson on the color choices.

Grumpy

Dances with Trout - that's a beautiful rod! Very striking in appearance. I really like the flaming and the really dark wraps. A fine job - and your first rod? Really? Stick with it!

Wow thats a beautiful rod. I would gladly pay a good price for a rod just like that.
    "Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done." - Charles F. Orvis

Diamond Dave, I do intend to begin making them. Let me know if you are interested.

God Bless,
    DWT

yep I am interested. Email me at diamonddave7676@yahoo.com
    "Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done." - Charles F. Orvis