Thread: Don't tell my wife

Default Don't tell my wife

A neat Montague Rapidan followed me home the other day that my good friend had redone for another person that sold it to another person & i was in the right place when he decided to sell it
    Oh what the heck, my wife & daughter know how many rods i have, i need to ask them being i don't, the only thing my son worries about is trying to sneak my T3 out he's been warned bout the Helios

Grumpy

I had one follow me home the other day also. Not another boo, but a 1974 built Fenwick Feralite 705. I nice collectible rod for some, but this one will be fished!
    The 444 peach line is a good match for these glass rods.

Troutman, My first was a 6wt Fenwick (1973). My favorite rod to this day. My daugther bougth me a "T" sheet that read. "When I die please don't have my wife sell my fishing equipment for what I told her I paid for it" . She still hasent found my hiding place.

Default to troutman

what length and weight is that rod--i own a couple of fenwick fg's--they cast real good--i think the rod you bought is quite rare--

Sorry Lauxier, I just read your question. The Fenwick Feralite in the pict. is a 7ft 5wt. 2 piece. It weighs 3oz. They have been increasing in value over the past few years. This one is not mint condition but then I didn't buy it to collect. Since buying this one, I have seen several of them of less quality go for up to $50-$60 more than I paid for this one. I also have an 8ft 7wt. that is a blast to fish for Carp and Bass, and you can get them quite often in almost new condition for less than $100.

I would like to say welcome and thanks for joining this forum to everyone that has been contributing lately. I was a little worried that with clarks classic and the FFF that no one would post much. look forward to meeting you at the boo gathering this year, it will be my first.

All you need to say is you had that one for years. That is as long as your wife doesn't see you sneaking it into the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Troutman, My first was a 6wt Fenwick (1973). My favorite rod to this day. My daugther bougth me a "T" sheet that read. "When I die please don't have my wife sell my fishing equipment for what I told her I paid for it" . She still hasent found my hiding place.
    Woody...that was a good one...
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

...or you found it in someones trash. They must not of known what it was. Maybe they thought it was a old antenna or something. Just hope she doesn't read this forum or your in really big trouble.

Ok, I don't hide fishing purchases from my wife, but I don't advertise them either. Should the topic ever arise, there are about 150 pairs of shoes in her closet that will get a comensurate amount of scrutiny. I am comfortable that there is already an unspoken truce in this arrangement.
    “The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana.”
    ― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It