Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-05-2008, 10:14 PM

Default 35" Clinch River Brown

April Fools early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some guy caught this in New York state while salmon fishing..
What a fish!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:33 PM

I was getting ready to say... Clinch? I've heard good things about the Clinch obviously, but nothing trophy size, often, at least. I was thinking more along the lines of SoHo or Caney would produce a fish that size, but I am pretty naive. Still a nice fish nonetheless.

Also, what gave it away- you're Mr. Striper, not Mr. Brown.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:41 PM

Default clinch

The state record brown is from the Clinch. 28 pounds.

Check out my gallery.....
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/
Old 10-06-2008, 09:33 AM

You had me Flat Fly N!!! I was very close to jumping in the mini-van for the 8 hour drive from Mississippi. Nice fish though.

Really enjoyed fishing with you last year and have taken all the knowledge learned from those couple of trips with you and learned how to figure the trout out...sometimes. Anyway, I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to fishing with you again soon.

T. Echols
Old 10-06-2008, 12:30 PM

Default Ohhh. I've caught a few trout - Worrgamesguy

Caught a few last night as a matter of fact on the Clinch. I'm an adrenaline junky with fish. It's like the saying from the book "A river runs through it", " I am haunted by rivers", I am haunted by big fish. They are like the illegal drugs out there, once you tried em, your hooked. The Clinch was my drug back in the late 80's and 90's. Big fish like the one above just about every 10-15 fish you caught. I would race down the interstate, run in full waders and gear down Birdsong trail after work just to get in 1 hour of fishing because there were so many big fish. Check with the old fellas on this board....waterwolf knows. I don't know what happened to that fishery (lots of theories) but hopefully it's starting to make a comeback if we can continue to protect it.

Bottom photo a North Fork White brown. Caught that the weekend UT fired Johnny Majors and hired Phil Fulmer......Maybe I am due to catch another big brown, if UT does their part!!

Backing to me is not to fill up the reel to make the line have less memory when it comes out. It's to keep the fish on the reel until you can run or work them down. Stripers will literally rip your rod out of your hand. The initial burst typically throws what line you have in the boat all around your rod and you have to scramble to get it untangled before they make another burst. They are big fish with attitudes, much like 20" or more trout, and redfish(which is another story altogether)

Call me a snob for big fish. I don't fish the mountain streams not because I don't like them, but for physical reasons. Arthritis in both my big toes with surgery have kept me off those rounded rocks.

Hopefully somebody will nail another 28# brown in the Clinch. I doubt it, but who knew that brut was there in 1987? Anyway, I thought the brown from NY was a beautiful fish. Isn't it amazing what regulations, and a little work from groups can do to protect and produce these fish. Those fish around the Great Lakes were gone until strict regulations went into effect. This is why we have to continue to work with TVA and TWRA.

Big 21...If you get up here again, give me shout.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post

Caught a few last night as a matter of fact on the Clinch. I'm an adrenaline junky with fish. It's like the saying from the book "A river runs through it", " I am haunted by rivers", I am haunted by big fish. They are like the illegal drugs out there, once you tried em, your hooked. The Clinch was my drug back in the late 80's and 90's. Big fish like the one above just about every 10-15 fish you caught. I would race down the interstate, run in full waders and gear down Birdsong trail after work just to get in 1 hour of fishing because there were so many big fish. Check with the old fellas on this board....waterwolf knows. I don't know what happened to that fishery (lots of theories) but hopefully it's starting to make a comeback if we can continue to protect it.

Bottom photo a North Fork White brown. Caught that the weekend UT fired Johnny Majors and hired Phil Fulmer......Maybe I am due to catch another big brown, if UT does their part!!

Backing to me is not to fill up the reel to make the line have less memory when it comes out. It's to keep the fish on the reel until you can run or work them down. Stripers will literally rip your rod out of your hand. The initial burst typically throws what line you have in the boat all around your rod and you have to scramble to get it untangled before they make another burst. They are big fish with attitudes, much like 20" or more trout, and redfish(which is another story altogether)

Call me a snob for big fish. I don't fish the mountain streams not because I don't like them, but for physical reasons. Arthritis in both my big toes with surgery have kept me off those rounded rocks.

Hopefully somebody will nail another 28# brown in the Clinch. I doubt it, but who knew that brut was there in 1987? Anyway, I thought the brown from NY was a beautiful fish. Isn't it amazing what regulations, and a little work from groups can do to protect and produce these fish. Those fish around the Great Lakes were gone until strict regulations went into effect. This is why we have to continue to work with TVA and TWRA.

Big 21...If you get up here again, give me shout.
Sure enough, as soon as I posted that, I read in the 2008 TN fishing guide that the state record was caught in the Clinch. Goes to show my knowledge of the subject
Old 10-06-2008, 12:32 PM

Dang it...It's stinkin' October people!