Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 PM

Default Friends of the Smokies

This is an open message to everyone on the message board. My wife and I are both volunteering our time for the Evergreen Ball Event for the Friends of the Smokies (FOTS). For those that are not familiar with this organization, FOTS "assists the National Park Service in its mission to preserve and protect the Great Smoky Mountains National Park by raising funds and public awareness, and providing volunteers for needed projects". One of the major fund raisers for FOTS is the Evergreen Ball, which relies heavily on the live and silent auctions to raise money for the park. I know that there are many people who frequent this board that share the same appreciation and vision for the GSMNP that is the mission of FOTS.
The Silent Auction raises many funds on items related to interests within the park, such as guided fishing trips, custom made rods, fly tying instruction, etc. If you provide these types of trips, items or instruction, would you like to donate something for this event? Or for those of you who would like to make a monetary donation or volunteering for the event, we always respectfully request that as well. If you have an interest in participating in some way please contact me at thunderhead9496@comcast.net and I will e-mail you an informational packet, or if you prefer you can contact Lauren Gass at FOTS (800.845.5665) and tell her that you received the information from this message board. For further information on FOTS, their mission, and where the money goes please visit friendsofthesmokies.org. Thanks in advance and please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Tight Lines-
Matt (budman)