Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 01-12-2009, 10:04 AM

Default South Holston (rain)

Good news for the lake. Assuming that the TVA graph is accurate, I haven't been out to look at it, but the lake level is coming up quickly

http://www.tva.com/river/lakeinfo/op...s/sholston.htm

The lake was only in the "expected range" for a very short period of time during May last year and then it started dropping fast. The level began to come up in December. And so far for January the graph is looking straight up and already has the lake in that "expected range". Good News! Let's hope it stays that way.

Mike

Last edited by MtnMike; 01-12-2009 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: capitalize the month of May
Old 01-18-2009, 12:57 PM

The water level has come up in the lake which is good. I fish the area below the weir all of the time and this year I have seen the water level in the river so low that you could almost "walk across it in tennis shoes" and hardly get wet. It should be a big help for the trout in the river also.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:31 PM

Default holston river

This must be a great place to fish. People talk about this river all the way out here.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 PM

Some say the best tailwater in the south. I know me and Cb76 fish it alot.

Check out my gallery.....
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/
Old 01-20-2009, 11:53 PM

I pass the watauga river every time I go trout fishing when I'm at school to drive twenty to thirty more minutes to get to the s. holston. And the watauga is a good fishery as close as five minutes from me. I fish it once every few months. I fish the soho once every week.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:12 PM

Default Too Much?

I guess you can get too much of a good thing. I wondered what would happen when the water got above the flood guide. Well..., 8 hours of generation today. Fortunately they split it up, 4 hours early this morning and 4 hours this evening. I'm not fishing but I like that schedule better than 8 hours right through the day. I'm still glad to see the rain, It has been a long time since South Holston Lake has been at full pool. I hope it happens this year. I spend most of my time in the river, but it is a beautiful lake.

Mike