Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 02-22-2009, 06:23 PM

Default SoHo on 2/21

Went to the SoHo Sat morning to fish for a little while. The area was extremely crowded so I went to a spot that I used to fish quite often. Got skunked there and went to another place that I thought might be good. Started using a bead head midge and hooked a small brown. While bringing him in I noticed a monster following it. Threw out a few more times and landed a decent brown that took off on a few good runs. Overall caught five fish and had a decent day for the crowd.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:36 PM

What color was your midge? They say the favorite color on the Elk right now is olive.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:11 PM

Fished the SOHO today. freezing cold. Day started off great, me and my buddy had our first hits within each three cast respectively. Top fly for the day was by far a biot bodied blue wing nymph. Caught a couple on an olive biot bodied midge. Got into a hatch about two and caught a number of fish on bwo emerger, then once they stopped rising, caught them on the nymph again. Pretty consistent day, didn't need to change flies too often, but I threw a variety. Nothing to write home about with the other flies. Never saw another fisherman on the river and saw a hatch which brought up more fish than I could have imagined in one section of river. The full width of the river seemed to have steady rises going. Cool site to see for sure. Not a whole lot of duns in the air, I think the wind may have kept them down, but fish would take an emerger. They also liked the emerger fished wet with a beadhead nymph below it after they stopped rising. Just something to think about.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the report Cb,,,wish I could have hooked up with ya...But there will be more days.....

Check out my gallery.....
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/
Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 AM

I missed going up to the so.ho. last week, fished the Holston with my son. we hooked up with about 30 fish, mostly on a pheasant tail but 10 on b.w.o. similar to the one I use on the so.ho. 18-20 gray with c.d.c.
I hope to go to the so.ho. Sunday, I'm hoping God will credit my time there to time spent with people.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 PM

Hey Cockeye,,,,how would one find some info on wading below Cherokee?

Check out my gallery.....
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...FISHIN%20PICS/
Old 02-28-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
What color was your midge? They say the favorite color on the Elk right now is olive.
Sorry there Blueraiderfan, it has been a few days since I was on the site. The color of midge that I was using was a dark olive with a small amout of flashaboo wound in it with a bead head. Hope that helps.