Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 02-23-2009, 01:47 AM

Default Knox County Creeks

Ok,
I am still very new to fly-fishing but I grew up spin-fishing small warm-water creeks all over the south with my father.
I recently moved to Halls and my property backs up to Bull Run Creek.
There at the property it is about 10-25 ft. across and there are some nice long holes all along it.

I was just wondering if you guy's had any suggestions for what to throw at those guy's this time of the year.

Just a side note, there is a lot of over-hang and from the looks of things I might be better off w/ the spinning rod but I am wanting to learn to fish for smallies and panfish w/ a fly rod.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Zack Smith
Old 02-23-2009, 12:55 PM

Zack,

I grew up in Halls and my parents property backed up to BRC also. Used to catch lots of redeye and bluegill out of there. I now live in W Knoxville, but the family farm is still there. Haven't fished it in years, but I imagine it is still about the same. Never saw any smallies in there, I think it is a little too warm for them. Take you some bluegill poppers and some buggers if you intend to fly fish, and some beetle spins, tiny jigs, and hellgrammite patterns if you want to spin fish it.

Enjoy, and let us know how you do.

Oh yeah, and it is loaded with carp if you are into that sort of thing. Would make for an interesting fight on a fly rod with all the lay downs....

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler