Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 12-17-2009, 10:55 PM

Default Logging “Back of Beyond” Trips

Jan 25, 2010 UPDATE
I've decided to postpone indefinitely the Back of Beyond page campaign so I can focus on adding value to the stream maps. Thanks to those of you that expressed interest in the idea.

JF

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In addtion to sharing on this great message board, you are invited to submit a report of your past or future adventures to any of the 100+ remote streams listed at ................... One objective of logging these trips is to encourage anglers and potential anglers to explore streams known to (or thought to) hold fish, but that require a significant amount of time and effort to reach. (We’re not talking about a Wii game here). Think back over the years of trips on which you may have at least fished one or more of these challenging, infrequently visited gems and then submit the results using the simple form provided. Sadly, there will be some bogus claims that will have to be filtered out. To that end, only trips submitted by established, registered members of legitimate forums (such as this one) will be considered.

For those who may have reservations about this exercise, rest assured that SmokyStreams.com strives to be a "honey hole disclosure-free zone." Also, I will do everything possible to avoid listing streams which cannot stand a lot of pressure, fishing or otherwise. If you wish to suggest deleting a stream from the list, please e-mail me at..............

Finally, as many already know, the phrase "back of beyond" was made popular by Horace Kephart, best-known for his role in raising public support in the early 1900s for what became the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Here's a way for us to raise the support of a new generation for a responsible use of the great treasure we call the Smokies. Thank you in advance for your participation.

JF

Last edited by JoeFred; 01-26-2010 at 12:55 AM..