Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 01-03-2010, 05:47 PM

Default Cool IPod/IPhone App Download for Trout Fishing

This covers a whole lot of streams and rivers in the US. It gives the hatch charts for every month of the year for each particular stream and river, and also gives a pic and fly size of all the particular flies suggested. Pretty neat for $.99

[hyperlink]

This link will change in appearance on occasion since it is the authors blog site. Usually somewhere on the right side of the site you will see something referring to "Hatch 2", if not just do a search. Pretty neat for only $.99

Looks like my home state of Iowa is well represented with just about ALL streams and rivers listed, whereas the State of Georgia is not even mentioned. There will be updates (free as I understand it) coming, however.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:56 PM

I saw the Hatch app, Duggie. Great idea! How much are IPods these days?

JF
Old 01-03-2010, 08:42 PM

Like everything else, it depends. Just like buying a car. I have the Ipod/Itouch with 32kg.........$310................You can get an ITouch for around $200 and 8kg. I'm sure there are some that are cheaper. Received mine as a gift for Xmas so wasn't out too much ;-)

Once you download this app, you do not have to be connected to the Internet for it's features. Any updates that you wish to have added, of course would require that service. Which you can easily acquire if you have Internet access, which you do.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:27 PM

The Hatch app is pretty cool, I was thinking about buying it. I also just got FishHead, which links to the USGS gauging stations. It's okay, a little on the pricey side as you could also easily bookmark the pages for each river.

www.flyfishtennessee.com
www.facebook.com/flyfishtennessee
Old 01-04-2010, 10:50 PM

Maurer,

I was also looking at the Fishhead app.......................have you looked into what rivers are actually covered in TN? I'm not a salt water fisherman, seems like the intro puts a lot of emphasis on that fishing specialty.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:29 PM

Duggie,

I've got Little River - above Townsend, Little Pigeon - above Sevierville (however this gauge has been broken for a while, but it still shows air temp/ sunset/sunrise), Pigeon River at Newport, Little River near Maryville, Oconaluftee at Birdtown, Cataloochee Near Clyde, Nolichucky near Lowland and the Clinch above Tazewell.

Those are just the ones I have there are more, unfortuately it does not include the tailwaters, but I have all of those bookmarked and filed.

www.flyfishtennessee.com
www.facebook.com/flyfishtennessee