Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 AM

Default Tailwater shuttles

Does anybody have info on who does shuttles for the Clinch, S. Holston, or Holston rivers? I am now back in a driftboat and have long deleted my old contacts. Any help would be appreciated.

A banner year for sulphurs on the Clinch in the next few weeks if we don't get some monsoon in here! Lots of nymphs in the grass on Sunday. Sparse hatch but great nymph activity on a #14 PTN.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 AM

Jack Prater on S. Holston. I think his number is 423-878-5345. Enjoy your driftboat. If you see someone on the bank a thumbin', that'd be me.
JF

Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 AM

SOHO, I have used Jeff at River Supply:
http://riversupplyboats.com/soho-shuttle-service/
Old 04-17-2012, 10:12 AM

I think Clinch River Outfitters will do the Clinch, or at least they used to do so. Call them & ask.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:15 PM

Thanks for info on S. Holston! I thought CRO was closed or at least it looked like it on Sunday when I went past it? I used to do Clinton Cab but I think that gentleman quit doing it.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
Thanks for info on S. Holston! I thought CRO was closed or at least it looked like it on Sunday when I went past it? I used to do Clinton Cab but I think that gentleman quit doing it.
I believe that CRO moved their shop to the shopping center just east of the intersection of
Hwy 61 and Norris Freeway; the shopping center that has the Dollar General. Iím guessing (and hoping) that theyíre still open. The folks as CRO have shuttled me before and have done a fine job. Actually, they went out of their way for me one time, but thatís a long story.
For the Holston - Iíve talked to, but havenít used the folks at the E-Z mart on Indian Ridge Road, simply because I havenít had the chance. The lady to talk to is Hazel. Several guides in the area use their services. Although I havenít asked, Iím going to assume that posting the E-Z martís phone number would be OK with them, as it would drum-up their business: 865.828.3400.