Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 PM

Default What would George Washington say????

I have learned during my short time trying to make a better difference in the world and the place I occupy....people come into your life for one of three reasons that are very important to realize and maximize.
1) A Season
2) A reason
3) A lifetime

For those of you viewing, lurking, hovering and even regularly ENGAGE. I can attest in the few months associated with this forum I have met some of the classiest, giving, intelligent people on this earth that all started during trout season a year ago. So, reach out. There is an adventure that awaits in the next pool around a big boulder or the first post you make asking a question that will be answered by few, not much in detail , witty, educating and sometimes blazing but in all, good to assisting you in connecting the dots on a good trail map.

Today I became the proud owner of Fred and Mrs. Maps complete set of 44 maps of the park. For anyone who hasn't touched or seen these maps....they are a MUST HAVE!!!!! Most important, if you haven't met Fred and Dianne you are missing much more.

I now have direction that can result in nothing but the greatest of lifes' rewards. I sat my four kids at the kitchen table tonight and explained the effort to produce such works of art and they now are the owners of something greater than pieces of paper with drawings...a commitment to get out and explore these places that are in their back yard to pass on.

If only, G. Washington who was one of our first surveyors of beauty could see these maps. What a conversation it would be with Fred, Mrs. Maps and George!!!

Thank You everyone - that has been there for my reasons and a few seasons. You know who you are!!!!

Breck
Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 AM

Just say no to video games!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 PM

Well said and from the heart.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:17 PM

He was kind enough to give me a few maps for my upcoming visit from some desert storm buddies. I plan on having one of them framed. They are very nice and when I look at them I feel like I'm in the park.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:34 PM

Good post Breck. Fred is a fine fellow I am also blessed and thankful to know him!

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 05-06-2012, 09:21 PM

We were often questioned why we were punishing our son by not allowing him to have any number of video distractions while he was growing up....rather than punishment we chose to view this time as a time to expand his awareness of things going on around him....he earned a Presidential scholarships to Alabama last year which gave him a tuition free ride for four years...any it also allowed him to accompany me on annual trips to the Smokies to camp and fish with good old Dad...he has now decided to attend Appalachian State next year and while up there yesterday he venutred out on his own and caught wild trout on his own on water he had never fished before...he caught the largest trout to date ...a big brown .....as well as his largest brookie....makes a Dad proud...