Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 PM

Default It's been nutty

Had a great fishing trip to north GA. It is one of the new areas in the mountains I can go without unnecessary worry of being discovered by any of my ex-wives. All of you who visited or signed up to receive Southern Trout, please allow me to thank you. The July/August issue is almost ready (and actually edited…) It is about twice the size of the May/June issue that has been viewed by almost 6,000 anglers. Thank you.

We did not plan to publish more than a magazine, but that changed this week. The family of Joe Manley is allowing us to digitally publish his 1936 guide to fishing in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Mari DeCuir, the widow L.J. CeCuir is allowing us to electronically publish his out of print title, Southeastern Flies. I am talking to a couple more people who control the rights to out of print works. We have been approached by a topo map group that want to partner up on fishing maps to the Smokies and other trout stream regions of Dixie.

We are guessing that with the fast growth of Kindles and Nooks that can store up to 30,000 books, that a lot of anglers would like to have these book to download. I am not sure about the cost, but I suspect we are looking at $4 to $6 a title or quad. We really won’t make much in the way money. Making this tough to find material is our primary goal.

Any who, I have arranged to be kidnapped and held hostage next week at Brigadoon Lodge. If I catch anything, I will tell about it, assuming of course that ransom demands are met and I am allowed to return from the magic realm.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:10 AM

I'm glad you posted this because I had missed your original posts about the newsletter. A search or two and I'm signed up now. Thanks!!