Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-17-2012, 06:39 PM

Default Place to Fish In The Mornings This Week?

Coming up Wednesday and staying till Friday Afternoon. Where should I try to fish early in the Mornings? My wifemeter will be pegged by about 9:00 daily, so early is my only shot Thursday and Friday... HELP.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:24 PM

I'll tell you about an experience I had one HOT summer vacation in August. Left the room in Sevierville about butt thirty ( hour before dawn). Got to Little River roadside upstream from Metcalf very very early. First cast, without even getting a toe wet, landed me a 14" brown on dry. A few casts later, another nice brown. By 9, I was done or should I say the fish were done. It's worth getting up super early on a vacation and trying about any piece of water, even very busy and familiar waters.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBum View Post
Coming up Wednesday and staying till Friday Afternoon. Where should I try to fish early in the Mornings? My wifemeter will be pegged by about 9:00 daily, so early is my only shot Thursday and Friday... HELP.
I would call the shop at LRO. Daniel should be able to help you more specifically and give you a few tips on which flies to present. This way; you do not have a couple hundred people showing up with you if the spot gets posted on the net.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 AM

You can't go wrong on streams like Little River early in the day. Start as early as possible and fish from Metcalf bottoms upstream. Anywhere on up above Elkmont will be great...this is the prime feeding time for fish in the summer because the water temperatures are at their daily minimum.
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com