Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 12-05-2012, 01:08 PM

Default 12/02 - Trip 2: Elkmont

Well after the day on Abrams, I decided it was still too nice to be inside and I was going to get out even if the fishing was slower.

I went up to Elkmont and hiked up LR a little ways before fishing. The fishing wasn't great, but I was getting quite a few and frequent hits on the dry for a short period which was fun.

Despite the slow fishing, when they did hit the dry, they hit it with such vigor that I saw several leap out of the water to get it, including one that was probably about 9" which was quite a sight.

When I drove back towards Townsend, When I got to the WYE I realized I had about 45 min of light left, so I fished West prong up a little ways, but didn't have much luck, still an overall good day
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 PM

Elkmont is my favorite place in the smokies. You make me jealous and envious but still I enjoyed your post. Nice photos
Old 12-05-2012, 10:52 PM

I fished Abrams with some softhackles and buggers the other day and only caught one small one. I met a guy and his son and he said they had caught several and one was around 10". I guess I need to learn a bit more about fishing the Smokies. It was nice to get out though.