Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 AM

Default Fishing up High - Great Today

Sunday after every 3rd cast I had to clean ice from the guides. Today however was a cold day but completely better day of fishing.

Frank, after finishing his intermediate tying class at LRO just had to get on the water. As you can see, conditions were still pretty cold but not as cold as Sunday and who would have thought at 40 degree water temps all would be taken only on a dry -W.Babb - Royal Stimulator!!! This fly brought them up today.

After landing two Frank had to ask "Hey what are you using?" "Say again---I can't hear you!!!" As usual I always carry a spare for a friend and it couldn't have been better...immediate hook up!!

Lot of ice formations on the river today.

As we walked out I can't recall how many times we said to each other how lucky we were to be here and alive today!!!

Thank You for a Great Day Frank.

Breck
Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 AM

Breck,
Excellent day and pictorials! Glad you are getting some time out on the water. The Clinch is slowly stepping back down to normal cfs rates.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 02-19-2013, 04:48 PM

Smile

Nice stuff Breck, thanks for posting.

I guess it was silly of me to leave my rod at home on my last 3 Smokies trips. Glad someone is out there catching, and it just goes to show that there are indeed options to fish when its the dead of Winter and all the tailwaters are blown out.