Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-01-2013, 02:38 PM

Default Coming Attractions

I was able to spent Easter weekend in the mountains with my son for a little early season trout fishing. We met in the Burg Thursday evening weary of the weather report.
Friday saw wind, rain and snow in the mountains. We donned our wet weather gear and started nymphing...brought 13 to hand but no size...
Saturday broke more promising and after having to return to the motel for our wading boots we set off above Elkmont about 12:30...by the time we got to the bridge at Huskey Gap trail bugs could be seen coming off the water...the fish were hungry and wanted blue quills...though hard for these old eyes to see it was almost a fish in every pool for a couple of hours...on the way out my son managed to land a 12 inch brown to close the day. While we did not see really big fish the potential is there and things are so close to just exploding it would almost be worth another 10 hour drive to be there....
Old 04-01-2013, 06:53 PM

Sounds like an awesome trip in spite of difficult weather on Friday. Anytime that I am able to get on water and go fishing with one of my sons, I count it as a blessing. I am tickled to death that my boys are now jumping at the chance to head down south to fish the big waters with Dad, means a lot to me. I am sure you had a wonderful time with your son just enjoying the great outdoors, catching fish is a bonus; thanks for the report.