Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 06-09-2013, 01:29 AM

Default Long time message board browser, new to posting

Like the title says, I've been watching and browsing the forums for about a year now and finally decided to jump in on the discussions. I'm new to fly fishing and new to fishing for trout. I started fishing again last year when I decided to buy a kayak to get out on the water instead of sitting around the house. When it got hot last summer I started pushing further up the river where I saw some people fly fishing and decided to look into it. Next thing I knew I was hiking back looking for those little streams to fish. I'm up in Townsend almost every weekend and usually both days. I'm always looking for new streams to fish, mainly on the TN side, but occasionally slip into NC as long as I can make a day of it. That's about it really. I'm the guy that you see spending a lot of time trying to get my line out of the trees and I'm fairly sure I'm pro at tying mid air knots in my leader.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Float On View Post
I'm the guy that you see spending a lot of time trying to get my line out of the trees and I'm fairly sure I'm pro at tying mid air knots in my leader.
Are you kidding? That description fits all of us. :-) Welcome to LRO's forum and to the east TN fly fishing communtity.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:44 PM

Smile

Welcome to the board

And while I usually try to count the fish I catch, if I counted the times I got hung up in Rhodo, well lets just say, I doubt I could count that high

Do you like crawling through rhodo? If so I'd be happy to explore a stream or two sometime with you.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:58 PM

Welcome to the board. Can't wait to see some post from you
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome.

As for the rhodo, I'm comfortable fishing those streams and prefer them. Last year I discovered Sam's Creek and spent a lot of time up there. I've only fished streams in the Little River Watershed other than a few weeks ago I decided to head over to the Oconaluftee.

Ducky, anytime you want to go up just let me know. I'm in the park almost every weekend and most of the time, weather permitting, I'm there both days.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:46 PM

Welcome, Float On! It would be hard to do better than following Ducky to some great waters, but sometime when that can't be arranged, let me know an area you'd like to explore solo and I'll treat you to a free map or two.

I'm anxious to hear more from you on here about your fishing, of course, but also about adventures with Ducky.

– JF
Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 PM

JoeFred, I was down at LRO today when a set of those maps got delivered. Those are some very nice looking maps and look extremely helpful for someone like myself.

Just curious, do those maps work with an android tablet?