Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-04-2013, 12:14 PM

Default Smoky Mtns. this month in TU magazine

Just opened this month's Trout Unlimited and was happy to see two articles about the Smokies this issue. Both articles by same writer, and in both great mentions of Byron, LRO and it's contributions to the park. The feature article is about Steve Moore, GSMNP fisheries biologist and his work in the park alonside the TU volunteers, I have been fortunate to have been a helper on some projects with Steve and this is a well deserved tribute to his service in the park. If you are not a current member of Trout Unlimited see if you can borrow this issue or better yet become a member and have access to the print version of this and future issues, it's also available to members in electronic version via the web. The magazine is top flight an gives insight into people and places who love fishing like the rest of us. I have met many people thru TU and can say first hand if you love fishing and the outdoors it's a great place to share a common bond and help protect and preserve the waters we love! Once again tip of the hat to Steve, Byron, and LRO crew for their dedication. Have a Happy and safe Fourth of July!

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"
Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I saw the first article but didn't see the one about Steve, both great articles, makes me sad that I'm 7 1/2 hours away, time to start planning another road trip. Have they set another date yet to check Lynn Camp's fish numbers? I would love to be able to fish that later this year.
Thanks
Tad
Old 07-04-2013, 04:36 PM

Smile

Thanks for the heads up Big Sur

Need to go check my mailbox.

I don't know what dates they are planning to reschedule Lynn Camp, but the little work that happened showed plenty of positive sign. I shocked more than a mile up Mark's creek where they never even stocked it, and while the numbers weren't high there were both adult and YOY were present.

Ben shocked Lynn camp proper before they called it for high water, and they shocked up 2 Brookies over 9 inches
Old 07-04-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
Thanks for the heads up Big Sur

Need to go check my mailbox.

I don't know what dates they are planning to reschedule Lynn Camp, but the little work that happened showed plenty of positive sign. I shocked more than a mile up Mark's creek where they never even stocked it, and while the numbers weren't high there were both adult and YOY were present.

Ben shocked Lynn camp proper before they called it for high water, and they shocked up 2 Brookies over 9 inches
Ducky glad you saw this I thought you had an update at TU the other night on the shocking. I got rained out the first scheduled date , was disappointed but that's baseball and hope I can help if they do more this summer or later.

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"
Old 07-04-2013, 07:15 PM

I got my magazine yesterday. I haven't had the chance to look at it but will as soon as I get home!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:15 AM

I saw this in Trout Magazine as well. I think it is very well-deserved recognition for both Steve and his crew and the LRCTU boys including our own Byron. I really liked how it highlighted the relationship between TU and the NPS. Knowing both parties involved, I was glad to see such good folks get some recognition.
Good Work Fellas!
Jed