Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-07-2013, 11:33 AM

Default The Clinch never a dull moment

While Ducky and his merry band of outlaws were terroizing our national parks, I on the other hand took another approach and spent time on the Clinch. After the Saturday morning and afternoon session was done I placed a chair on the bank of Miller's to enjoy an adult beverage and cigar. As I contemplated the state of the union and whether to grill a brat for dinner the following showed up in the pictures below. I see a lot on the Clinch and in the Smokies but this was for sure a first.

There was only a couple of us there as this thing unloaded and prepared for lift off. If anyone knows these people ask the one guy who looked over at me as we both looked stunned and laughed as about a 20+ inch trout that leaped out of the water when the boat ignited and blasted out of the hole. Only a Texas cattle prod could have elevated that trout any higher, the funny thing is as an airboat there is no prop in the water, it was all noise, and water (by the way thanks for the refreshing shower saved me 15 minutes later). I am sure that fish is somewhere near the coast of North Carolina by now. I was still there when they came back and I talked to the gentleman on the boat who saw the trout like me, I was hoping it showed up in the pictures below, but I am pretty sure my arms dropped at that moment. During the govenemnt shutdown I am enjoying our state parks and tailwaters, however if you see this boat go ahead and call it a day ain't no fish biting for about 1/2 day when this thing launches!

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"
Old 10-07-2013, 02:04 PM

Default Zip line

Clinch Zip Line !
Old 10-07-2013, 02:58 PM

I'd like to see that thing hit the weir dam on 2gen.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:17 PM

I've heard the zip line company was shut down. Guess they plan to salvage what they can on the Clinch?
Old 10-08-2013, 07:47 AM

I was fishing mid-way on the Clinch about two-years ago and heard one of those things coming up river. It felt about 20-30 minutes to actually reach us after we first heard the noise. The pilot was actually having a hard time navigating the water and the shoals with the water being between generations. He turned around when he reached us and saw the bottom of CW. I just remember thinking that I was worried that I would have to pull them out of the water on the drift down.
to choose, to respond, to change.”