Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 AM

Default A tough day ahead...

I had to put down my 11 year old dog last night. Something in my eye ever since. RIP Oreo.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:48 AM

My thoughts and prayers go out to you! Rejoice in the great 11 years you had with your buddy! Blessings to you!
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 10-30-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead8 View Post
I had to put down my 11 year old dog last night. Something in my eye ever since. RIP Oreo.
Had to put down my 15 year old lab Jake two years ago. Its still tough. We have a new lab now and she's great but there never be another Jake. Hate to here your news. Long may Oreo run.
Lynn
Old 10-30-2013, 10:40 AM

I'm with you buddy, it's still hard after a couple years. Look at my signature below:
Old 10-30-2013, 11:18 AM

Our dogs are family. It hurts to lose them. Sorry for your loss.

steve
Old 10-30-2013, 01:04 PM

Thanks everyone for your very kind thoughts.

-Thunderhead8
Old 10-30-2013, 07:38 PM

Default Loss of a true friend

Sorry for your loss! We lost our 15.5 year old lady beagle Taylor almost two months ago. I am still a mess sometimes and I will never forget her as long as I have a mind. She passed at the house and that was a blessing! If you want goggle (The Rainbow Bridge) as it has a lot of comforting thoughts.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:01 PM

Default dogs

Probably had a dozen or so dogs---loved them all. I’ve had beagles, springers, mutts, st. bernards, scotties, sheep dogs, goldens, spitz, and some I don't even remember what they were. Out of them all, I've had two good ones; Chet and Olive. Chet with a chocolate lab I had for 11 years who was the best I had every had I got this little bitch lab, Olive. She sneakier than a gypsy, but minds intuitively.

Old timers say that if you are lucky, and I mean really, really lucky, in this life you get one good dog. From what I have seen, may be one dog in a hundred is a good dog, which in is a euphuism for a great dog. A good dog knows your soul, and you know its soul. It’s a relationship that transcends word.

I don’t know the odds of it happening, but the odds of getting two good dogs must be astronomical. Once you’ve mended, get you another pal. Joy will return.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:56 PM

Again, to all of you, I say thanks. I posted here because alot of you know the joy of a dog's companionship and the pain of losing that faithful friend. I appreciate you all.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:30 PM

I got my first lab in exchange for a set of golf clubs....best deal I ever made. Her full name was Smoky Brook of Elkmont...just love the smoke like mist over the Little River in Elkmont. She has been gone for eight years now and I now have two more. They do get close to you and they do become family. Smoky was cremated and while I am sure there is some gov't. regulation against it I did spread a few ashes over the river for which she was named. I still get that something in my eye when up there and see the evening mist roll in....