Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 01-11-2014, 07:06 PM

Default Waders

I'm looking to buy my first set of waders. I'm not goig to buy the best out there to begin with. I want to make sure I stick with the sport first.

My price range is $100. I like the White River Classics sold by bass pro. Does anyone have any knowledge of them?

Thank-
Old 01-11-2014, 08:52 PM

Default White River Classics....

On my third season with a fair amount of rock hopping, and tail water use....
No leaks yet am rather comfortable.
Pay close attention when you buy them though check the inside of the booties to make sure the stitching is smooth, First pair I tried on had a kink in the seam that was a blister waiting to happen....tried another pair was jus fine and still going strong.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:29 AM

Smile

I personally haven't used them, but Freddie used them for years. They will warranty them up to the year so if you get a leak, they just give you a new pair If your on a budget, I think they will work just fine. I have still yet to even buy a pair of waders I just use some dry pants from my paddling gear
Old 01-12-2014, 11:33 AM

Brian,
I would work hard and save up for a pair of Simms Freestone Waders (see if you can find last year's models < $). You are pretty close and they will treat you right. Their waders are fabulous and they do not give you any hassle with warranty repairs. Basically; you pay a little extra for quality and an insurance plan. I would give Daniel a call at LRO and talk to him about your budget and desires. I am positive he can help you with the best information and decision for your budget.

Most of all; be sure and get waders that fit you correctly. If you are long-legged; get size-LONG. Also; be sure and get what you need. If you are a rock-hopper and fish the mountains 90% of the time; I would just get wader pants.

Hope this helps and let us know how you do...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 01-12-2014, 12:24 PM

You may want to look at the website for Red Truck Fly Fishing. They often have brand name waders at reduced prices. They handle a lot of the major brands including Simms. I have done business with them and been very happy. My wife purchased her Women's Simms from them for about half the retail price a couple of years ago.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_vanfossen View Post
I'm looking to buy my first set of waders. I'm not goig to buy the best out there to begin with. I want to make sure I stick with the sport first.

My price range is $100. I like the White River Classics sold by bass pro. Does anyone have any knowledge of them?

Thank-
Whatever you get...make sure you get waders with maximum traction between the boot sole and the snot rocks. Very important in the smokies streams.

You might consider a good, adjustable wading staff that you can tether to your belt or your fishing jacket. Not always needed, but sure helps you stay balanced when crossing the deeper pockets of swift water when necessary.

-don't tell me why we can't, tell me how we can.- whitefeather