Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-12-2014, 11:39 PM

Default Smokies blue line

So after a less than stellar Friday (fishing was slow). I decided to hit a small stream today. The water was way warmer than yesterday (46 on SAMs 54 at the tremont parking area). I got to the stream and it was 57. Yay! There were lots of mayflies hatching and trout were attacking my grey neversink and pink weenie with high frequency. I was catching an equal mix of bows and Brookies, and after I took a picture of a decent rainbow I caught (just over 7") I left my camera on the bank and kept fishing...doh! I did have my phone but I didn't want to use it for pictures and I was catching tons of smaller fish (how many pictures of 4-6" rainbows and Brookies do I need anyway?) later I picked up a 9" bow which is good for this stream.

The highlight of the day...

So later in the day I had a good fish take the pink weenie. I could tell it was good fish because I got a quick glimpse before he got loose.

So I waited about 30 seconds and recast before I had a huge take on my dry. I thought I might pick up a Brookie on the second cast, but no it was the same fish and this time he was hooked good! ( there's no way there were two in this size range in this hole)

This time I brought him to hand

11" on the nose! Best park fish to date... Now I'm not even thinking about the lost camera
Old 04-13-2014, 08:31 AM

Talking

Freddie and I will keep a look out for your camera

Remembering your 10 Mississippi counts before re-throwing to the big boys pays off

Thanks for the report
Old 04-13-2014, 04:46 PM

I did 30 Mississippi for this one haha.

I had him hooked good the first time that I thought there was no way he would hit again
Old 04-14-2014, 10:50 AM

nice feesh! pretty cool you were able to hook up with him twice!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:39 PM

That is a nice rainbow!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:30 PM

Went back last weekend. Fishing was pretty good. Not duckypaddler good, but still had a good day. Oh yeah, and within the first 1/2 hr, I was fishing my way up, there was an unnatural reflection of light coming from the bank... It was my camera! Still charged up and no worse for the wear!

I still didn't risk it and try to use it so I didn't take any pictures but I caught a good number. The water was a little low though and the fish easily spooked. I caught several good sized ones, including. 9" rainbow and an 8" Brookie so all in all a great day, and the recovered camera being the icing on the cake!