Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-19-2006, 12:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to phil4christ
Default Anyone know of any holes in Georgia ?

I'm a college student and am going to go to Georgia to spend the week with my brother on spring break. We were planning on going fly fishing and I was writing to ask if anyone knew any spots that would be good for us in the state of Georgia ? He lives around the Woodstock/ Atlanta area but am open to anywhere in Georgia. I would appreciate your help and thanx again, God's Love to you all , PHIL
Old 03-19-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Anyone know of any holes in Georgia ?

Hey phil,

Although I'm in Dallas, North Georgia is like a second home for me. First, there is the Chattahoochee (The Hooch). Then there is Duke's Creek, Smith's Creek, The Ami, etc. - those are generally around Helen, GA. That's just the tip of the list.

Try http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/ngto/ or http://www.unicoioutfitters.com/contact.html. That should be more than enough info. There are lots of web sites and many fly shops - I'm not pushing one over the other. These are just ones that I'm familiar with.

Right now I know that they have been hitting Caddis on the surface at a place called Paces Mill, which is a section of the Hootch down towards Atlanta. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Noontootla Creek in the Blue Ridge WMA has some great water and large fish. Out of Woodstock, take I-575 north, which turns into State Hwy 5. In Elijay take a right on Hwy 52 to Big Creek Road. Follow Big Creek Road to FS 58 (right shortly after Big Creek turns to gravel). Drive to where the road is washed out and park. You can walk in from there. Black or Brown Caddis, small BWO, March Brown and PH nymphs are you best bet.

Ken Mills
Old 03-25-2006, 02:31 PM

Phil:

Go to this website: http://www.unicoioutfitters.com/ and check on the link "Liars Club". These people are GREAT. Subscribe to their newsletter, it is stocked with valuable info about North Georgia. If your leaving right away, just give them a call before you take off and have them send you the latest newsletter. Enjoy
Old 03-25-2006, 02:47 PM

OOPPPSSS!! TPat:

Guess i should read every reply
Old 03-26-2006, 09:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to phil4christ

Hey thanx guys, you helped a lot for the trip to Georgia. I ended up going to Helen, Georgia and fishing alittle then I hit the tailwaters down by Woodstock, can't remember the place of the top of my head. Although the weather was below 45 both days I went out, it was good to experience a different environment and spend time with my brother, which was his first time fly fishing with me, he only had went a time or two before. Well thanx so much ! God bless you guys, PHIL